I made 512 casts of Hirst Arts Castlemolds to get the roughly 3,000 tiles I needed to make this. The casting time took weeks!
The paint is just GW Boltgun Metal ... and when I ran out of that I had to buy many pots of GW Leadbelcher.
Click the link for a bigger pic.
More pics of the floor to come.
My order was for ten molds:
- Starship Deck Mold #270
Service Area Floor Mold #272
Pipeline Floor Mold #273
Industrial Edge Mold #325
2x Large Catwalk Molds #276
2x Large Grate Molds #277
2x Large Deck Molds #278
This is how I dried them, by spreading them out on my kitchen table. This is one run, of seven molds. I think I did this about 70 times. I know I meant to stop at 40, but underestimated and had to keep going.
The bricks in the middle are 1.5" wide, so that pile is a foot wide. The smaller-brick pile to the left is 6" wide. (Each pile is about 960 bricks.)
The pile to the right is 15" x 15", constituting 450 bricks.